Thursday, May 25, 2017

Prediction of the day

Steven "Handout" Muldoon Joyce will deliver a budget that is even more left wing than the one delivered a couple of years ago.  And incredibly, his MPs will stand and applause and rush over to shake his hand as if he's just won the Nobel Prize in Economics.

Handout will then tell the country taking more money off me to give to others is "fair".  Delivering billions in corporate welfare is "fair".

It might be fair to them, but it's damn unfair to me, and will lead to more tax avoidance.

Labour will be left flapping around like a fish on the beach.  And rightly so, as Handout goes deep into its territory.

3 comments:

Johno said...

I hear ya, Nick. But what can you do? I'm tempted to vote ACT for the first time in a decade, but it seems this vote is wasted given ACT's low polling.

Nick K said...

You wouldn't be the first to make that point. I vote for them because I'm loyal to them, and also because I can't vote for the Gnats with such left-wing views and there's no one else.

Psycho Milt said...

Had to laugh - shifting the tax thresholds to account for inflation now apparently counts as a "tax cut."