Monday, June 27, 2016

MOBILITY IMPAIRED CAR PARKING

My better half has a severe back problem.   It prevents her from walking long distances.   Pending corrective surgery she has been issued with a disability car parking permit.

You would be surprised (or perhaps not) at the number of able bodied persons who think nothing of parking in the blue spaces reserved for those with disabilities.   Now if someone were to let their tires down ......!!!!!   But that wouldn't be right either.

Another example of peoples disregard for society.   Sigh.



7 comments:

pdm said...

I think the fine is $150 - just never heard of anyone having to pay it.

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

I'd let their bloody tyres down, instead.

David said...

I have 2 of those parks right at the front door of my business. A courier straddled them both one day, I think he's still wondering why he got sacked. I think it was the photos I sent to his boss.

A customer of mine challenged someone who was using the park.

idiot Parker "I'll only be two minutes".

Customer "I wish my son was only disabled for 2 minutes".

Another customer, with the appropriate permit, parked behind an idiot parker, blocking said idiot's exit. Wandered off to do his shopping. Cue fuming idiot. So much fun to be had.

David said...

$347.00 Fine, too. I have seen Police enforce on several occasions.

The Veteran said...

David ... you've made my day (along with Lydia Ko).

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Further to David 3.00 pm

There are at least 200 empty parking spaces within 50m of David's place on any given day. (He bribed the council, don't you know.)

More fool the dumb lazy courier.

paul scott said...

At supermarkets you will often see a PC oversupply of disability parking. OK the Courier driver above should have taken only one park. Locking up the last park is no good, pulling in to an oversupply, so what. Those Courier drivers are there for seconds usually. They have to stop somewhere. Some self righteous David, goes out of his way. Boo.