Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Poor Little Lambs

Lincoln Uni ain't what it used to be.   Back in my day we all would have laughed and said 'good on him.'

Apparently the delicate petals of academe are angry because a contender for the Vice Chancellorship tricked them into telling him the truth.  Well boo hoo hoo.

That's what happens when you change the culture from farming to humanities.

As usual, the oleaginous Herald gets the headline wrong.  The guy is not their boss.  He's merely a contender for the job and is yet to accept the appointment.  Given his hard nosed and innovative style, I hope he does so.


3 comments:

Angry Tory said...

Given his hard nosed and innovative style, I hope he is does so

and closes the place down overnight.

Anonymous said...

I just cannot believe you attended Lincoln University. I was under the impression that Lincoln turned out quite sensible people.

Ciaron said...

Editorial standards fail...

Mr Pollard was on holiday in the New Zealand and this allowed him to carry out due diligence before accepting the position.

I though it very revealing that staff thought they'd say the same thing, phrased differently, if they knew who he was...