Saturday, February 6, 2016

Disappearing comments

This morning I discovered Blogger's been directing more comments than usual to the spam folder over the last two months.  I've made them live now, but that's not much use for things that were posted weeks ago.

Apologies to those whose comments never appeared.  If we delete a comment it will say "Removed by a blog administrator" - so if your comment just never shows up, feel free to email me at the address in my profile and I'll check the spam folder.

7 comments:

The Veteran said...

PM ... was there any common thread in those comments that might have caused Blogger to treat them a spam?

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Did they begin with the word 'anonymous'?

Psycho Milt said...

No, no common thread I could see. Several were from Lord Egbut Nobacon, but there was nothing obviously spamlike about them. I've never been able to figure out how Blogger decides a comment is spam or not - ironically, what reminded me to check it was having to delete several obvious spam comments that hadn't triggered the spam filter.

Cedric said...

Bowalleyroad seems to have a similar problem.

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

" Several were from Lord Egbut Nobacon"

Is anyone surprised?

Anonymous said...

My humble apologies for accusing some contributors of dirty tricks. Some of my posts were actually accepted by blog (on my screen) then mysteriously disappeared.

I have no idea how these interweb machines work and still believe that fire is magic.

Lord Egbut.

The Veteran said...

MiLord ... it's all to do with full moons and the howling of wolves and chicken entrails ... but actually I blame the TPPA.