Saturday, January 23, 2016

BRILLIANT LETTER TO EDITOR ... BRILLIANT

Dear Sir ... I had an interesting TV watching experience the other night.   It was a two-and-a-half-hour long programme made up of a series of off-repeated seven-minute-long commercials, rudely interrupted by scenes from something called Downton Abbey.

By the end of it I wasn't sure if Mr Carson had finally bought some funeral cover or if Lady Edith had succumbed to the irresistible appeal of the buy-one-get-one-free coffeemaker or the 'but wait, there's more' dream pillow so she could get four for the price of one and give them to the servants as a New Year present.

It was billed 'the finale'.   I call it the last straw.

RS (Hamilton)

Nuff said.


5 comments:

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Anyone who watches Darnton Abbey deserves all the commercials they get.

ZenTiger said...

I vaguely recall that kind of TV experience.
for the little I watch, it comes via Netflix, the Internet or possibly recorded items so I can fast-forward through the adverts.

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Hello Zen

Hope you and your family are well.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Adolphs right. TV 's been crap since they stopped the roadrunner cartoons.

ZenTiger said...

Hey Adolf. All good. Been so busy with real life (TM) I haven't been near the blogs for a long time. About time I dropped in and checked what state NZ is in.