Thursday, January 22, 2015

Another Incompetent Herald Waste of Space

Serial bullshitter Gareth Morgan claims Pakeha 'nearly exterminated' Maori.'  Apparently he was visiting the Ratana church when he proclaimed this latest revisionist myth.

His knowledge of history is akin to his performance as an investment manager.  Nonexistant.

Mr Morgan, before the treaty was signed, Maori themselves killed off 30,000 of their own population by way of using muskets against taieha and patu.   This represented 30% of a population at the time of 100,000.

That's why some Maori chiefs were so keen to sign the treaty.  They wanted the Pakeha to protect them from those murderous bastards up North.  Harawira's lot.

6 comments:

Noel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Noel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pdm said...

Te Kooti and Te Rauparaha were also pretty good at exterminating other tribes if my recollection of New Zealand history is right.

I remember an old aunt of my mothers telling us of having to hide in the bush at Wallingford (Central Hawkes Bay) while Te Kooti went through on one of his rampages. I don't think he discriminated between Maori and Pakeha. This would have been in the 1880's as I recall.

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Noel, you know the rules. Enjoy your holiday.

Richard said...

As you say, his performance as a funds manager was appalling. I want my money back.

Anonymous said...

Yet another outburst by that clown gareth, all of which is done with that patronising 'I know what's best for you' attitude. He's certainly good for entertainment value.
My ancestors 'merged' with the Chatham islands population, prior to that they were hounded out of Taranaki by Te Rauparaha.

BCW