Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Nat Rad interviews a drunk

I had Radio NZ National going on the way to work this morning and heard them interviewing ex-Labour cabinet minister Dover Samuels about the current state of the Labour Party.  I can't say I have a great deal of time for Mr Samuels even in the best of circumstances, but after a couple of minutes of hearing his opinions I found myself shouting at the windscreen "How did you ever get elected, you rambling, incoherent fuck?!"

I guess it's no surprise Samuels sounds like one of those angry, irrational old codgers you occasionally run into at the pub, because I suspect he is one.  Still, I did appreciate one thing he came out with - he says he didn't abandon the Labour Party, the Labour Party abandoned him.  Given his role in the appalling Bill Liu affair, I fervently hope it's true the Labour Party abandoned him, in fact I hope it dropped him like a fucking hot potato.  National has got corrupt dealings with dodgy Chinese businessmen covered, we don't need Labour doing it as well.

4 comments:

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Milt

Listening to Red Radio is a health hazzard.

The Veteran said...

C'mon Milt ... Dover was/is a harmless old coot with limited ability and intellect that is why he was elected as a Labour MP and appointed by H1 to Cabinet.

Not his fault and now when he announces to all and sundry that he gave his Party vote to Winston First because the Labour Party was s**t you turn on him.

Many would think his assessment was spot on.

Psycho Milt said...

All political parties have their share of idiots whose ambition and self-importance exceeds their intellect and ability, yours included. My dislike of Samuels stems from his role in the Bill Liu affair - the fact that he voted Winston First is irrelevant.

The Veteran said...

Milt ... so the pissing in the hotel corridor didn't bother you at all?

But you're dead right that all parties have their share of rogues and idiots. Just like the Church, teaching profession, Police and everything else. Only difference is that they tend to be 'outed' quicker being in the public eye. I guess that's a positive.