Thursday, September 11, 2014

BUCKING THE TREND ON NZ SUPERANNUATION

National, NZ First and the Maori Party are holding fast on the entitlement to NZ Superannuation being held at age 65.     Labour, Greens and ACT (and I suspect many National supporters) argue for a managed increase over time to age 70.

In researching my previous post (comparing parties veteran's policies ... or lack of) I was fascinated to note the Mana Party is advocating the wind back of the age of entitlement to NZ Superannuation to 60.    You can read it here

What is not clear is whether this applies only to Maori and there is no attempt to provide any financial analysis. The latter is about par for the course.    Hone aka John Frum and the cargo cult is alive and well and the sad thing is that many in Te Tai Tokerau lap it all up.


3 comments:

robertguyton said...

Settle into the 9th floor.

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

I think Robert is lost.

Somewhere between Turei's flash wardrobe and Normans copy of Das kapital.

The Veteran said...

robertguyton ... I have absolutely no idea what you mean and neither (I suspect) does anyone else.

I know you come from Riverton ... been supping the Hohonui again?