Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TO SIR PAUL

I watched you on TV1 News tonight receiving your Kinghthood from the Governor General.   It was a deserved grand occasion.

You have entertained me, informed me, infuriated me, exacerbated me and probably everything in between.    On one occasion you even had a very public go at me on your show for a decision I helped make concerning funding for the America's Cup campaign.

But I recognise your consummate skill as a TV presenter and radio talk-back host.    You helped change the face of broadcasting in New Zealand and, while you  may have your detractors, no-one can take that away from you.

Today was your day.  Congratulations Sir Paul.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Deserved" is always debateable for media celebrities - I tend to think doing well in a job you love is itself is pretty good compensation.

Its certainly sad to see him so unwell.

3:16