For the first time, here is authoritative (WMO - ISO methodology) confirmation of Adolf's long held suspicion that temperature records world wide have been fudged by climate conspirators on a scale never before seen.
Never has so much snake oil been dressed up by so many to resemble Chanell No 5.
Alert readers will remember Adolf's challenge a couple of years ago. A good bottle of Barossa Shiraz was offered to any person who could provide evidence of any raw temperature data which had been adjusted downward by the worlds horde of 'scientific' data adjusters. The bottle was never claimed and now you can see why.
First, the authenticity:-
Watts et al 2012 has employed a new methodology for station siting, pioneered by Michel Leroy of METEOFrance in 2010, in the paper Leroy 2010, and endorsed by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) Commission for Instruments and Methods of Observation (CIMO-XV, 2010) Fifteenth session, in September 2010 as a WMO-ISO standard, making it suitable for reevaluating previous studies on the issue of station siting.
Second a sample of the disgraceful findings:-
Using Leroy 2010 methods, the Watts et al 2012 paper, which studies several aspects of USHCN siting issues and data adjustments, concludes that:
These factors, combined with station siting issues, have led to a spurious doubling of U.S. mean temperature trends in the 30 year data period covered by the study from 1979 – 2008.
Other findings include, but are not limited to:
· Statistically significant differences between compliant and non-compliant stations exist, as well as urban and rural stations.
· Poorly sited station trends are adjusted sharply upward, and well sited stations are adjusted upward to match the already-adjusted poor stations.
· Well sited rural stations show a warming nearly three times greater after NOAA adjustment is applied.
· Urban sites warm more rapidly than semi-urban sites, which in turn warm more rapidly than rural sites.
· The raw data Tmean trend for well sited stations is 0.15°C per decade lower than adjusted Tmean trend for poorly sited stations.
· Airport USHCN stations show a significant differences in trends than other USHCN stations, and due to equipment issues and other problems, may not be representative stations for monitoring climate.
Read the whole thing.
And then laugh at the stupidity of Gillard, caving in to the Greens on her suicidal Carbon Tax.
Then wonder, how many decades will it take for the so-called 'scientific community' to get back any semblance of credibility?