Thursday, November 24, 2011

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MOBILE BILLBOARD

Yesterday I was dragooned into being a mobile billboard supporting National and Mike Sabin. Resigned to it being 'hard yards' but actually enjoyed the experience so I thought I would put a couple of hours into doing the same thing today.

11.15 Arrived at the Te Haumi Beach causeway and started to wave sign. More friendly toots than fingers.

11.35 Wandered over the guy who has set up a 'Hole in One' golf range extending out onto the beach flats. Congratulated him on his initiative. Was 'floored' when he told me the Regional Council had charged him $1k for resource consent. Just what is the big deal about someone looking to make a buck by offering punters the chance to win $60 by landing a golf ball in a bathtub 70m back from the high tide mark. Where is the danger to the environment? The Northland Regional Council has lost the plot. Off with their collective heads.

11.55 Back to waving my billboard.

12.05 Old gentleman pulls up in a relatively new car. Beckoned me over . Wound down car window and told me that Winston was going to 'f**k all you bastards'. I told him that Winston's sexual preferences didn't matter an iota to me but when was he going to pay back the $150k he stole from the taxpayer. Punter called me an arrogant Tory and drove off.

12.40 Labour Party 'Motorcade' drove past. One grey SUV sporting two Red Labour Flags. Gave me a toot. Waved back.

13.10 Old Toyota, plate no. ST5*** drove past slowly. No rego or WOF that I could see. Full of our best and brightest. Didn't know you could cram so many swear words into a single sentence. Am now more convinced than ever of the need for National Standards and the bringing back of the cane.

13.15 Three cars in a row tooted and waved.

13.25 German tourists in Campervan stopped. Wanted to know where National stood in relation to the Christian Democrats, the Free Democrats and the Social Democrats. Told them it was a broad church Party sitting between the Christian Democrats and the Free Democrats. They wished me luck.

13.30 Packed it in. Done my bit.

8 comments:

Barnsley Bill said...

I am very annoyed with Sabin. Driving around the electorate in that brand new top of the range V8 holden was a very bad lookk. I witnessed 4 people deposit throat oysters on it in Kaitaia a few weeks ago and for once found myself agreeing with the lumpen bludgers that litter the main street of my favourite northland town all day.
Despite that he will win and daylight will be second.
Winston Peters sister was lucky to not get mugged at the farmers market on sunday. All on her own handing out vote for me brochures while we all shopped for our exotic treats was possibly more stupid than running into an irish working mens club and singing god save the queen.

Anonymous said...

The reason the NZ First bloke didn't get out of his car was you probably looked like you'd already been robbed.
And "our best and brightest" lemme guess -- our indigenes? Shouldn't have said that. I just hate myself.

George

Anonymous said...

Charlie Shovel supporters were waving banners near Johnsonville yesterday. I regret that I yelled out "Losers" as I drove past. Gay left Clarkoclones are not my cup of tea but being rude is never the right thing to be.

Judge Holden said...

"Gay left Clarkoclones are not my cup of tea but being rude is never the right thing to be."

Says the anonymous retard whilst being rude.

The Veteran said...

BB. It may have been new when he started but it think it has over 20k on it in just six months working the electorate.

Spitting on cars in Kaitaia. Well, I guess that's a tad better than spitting on the person. Just ask Maggie Barry.

George ... score yourself a chocolate fish.

Anonymous said...

Gay left Clarkoclones?

JH. In respect of Charles is any of that incorrect?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Charlie Shovel supporters were waving banners near Johnsonville yesterday. I regret that I yelled out "Losers" as I drove past. Gay left Clarkoclones are not my cup of tea but being rude is never the right thing to be.
WTF?????

I would put my dog up against the dunne if i thought the mutt could win so instead im voting for the gay(who gives a fuck)Chauvel whom i hope kicks the boss dunne out of power GO CHAUVEL please