Saturday, June 25, 2011

Gee That Hurt - Not

Yesterday I related a little tale about what I saw as an obviously OTT anecdote without any verification.

The point I made, was how an action and its consequences when viewed through my simplistic vision of right and wrong, that was established in my formative years by reading examples of what I would generically describe as fodder writing, rang a little tinkle on a bell in my psyche.

I used the story to reflect on how that view of natural justice has been eroded in our National view of right and wrong to a point where victims become the oppressed and the perpetrators of wrongs are elevated to victim-hood.

Consequences are no longer to be suffered by the stupid.

Now a commenter, a member of the ubiquitous Anonymous family, has not suggested, not merely inferred or hinted but has branded me, a LIAR. My response was and still is DILLIGAF, and my regard for the brave soul who cant even master the comment facility for creating an individual identity for reasons that may be incompetence or ignorance but I suspect may just be simple cowardice makes the leap from my repeating an urban legend to liar, is phht

We have an acceptance, widely held, that the history of the so called Tangata Whenua who had no ability to record their version of history in a written form can promulgate that history as orally recorded and entities such as the Waitangi Tribunal now accept that version of events as being as accurate as written record by an eye witness. Sadly that standard of authenticity is not available to me.

So to you, Anonymous #7531 (estimated), I am not a liar, the anecdote I used may have not had a shred of truth to it, I don't freekin care. My use of it was still valid in my eyes, you however are quite insignificant and if you are one of the brigade of crim cuddling nonentities who have a higher regard for the perpetrator than what I see as a real victim you can just return to your hole in the ground and involve yourself in sex and travel.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"DILLIGAF"

Ah yep it does. That's why you've gone all defensive on it. Thing is, you thought it was true. There's no indication at all that you knew it was a myth, and "obviously OTT" when you "reported" it. You should just apologise for being owned and move on. You won't though. Classic.

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Anon 7:57

God, it stinks in here!

Don't you know you are shitting on the floor in someone else's house?

Kindly wipe your arse after you leave.

gravedodger said...

The shit for brains retarded member of the Anonymous family still can't get it.
Whilst I freely accept the basic tenet that to explain yourself means you are losing, it mattered not one iota as to the accuracy or otherwise of the anecdote, I employed it as the basis for the actual point of how our national psyche as expressed in terms of actions, consequences, and cuddling of evil doers while too often leaving what I call real victims to suffer their misfortune sans sympathy, reparation or even simple justice, is just so wrong and at odds with the message of all those comics I read where good always triumphed over evil.

So you complete muppet, keep it up as I have a delete button to hand and I may just use it out of sympathy for your having to apparently continue your pathetic whining.

Oh and BTW I am not in the least defensive, I am only attempting to assist you with your clear problems with comprehension.
I have a little experience with assault victim damage, deserved and innocently obtained, the list of "injuries were about as likely as him slipping on a pile of rocking-horse shit.
I am assuming you meant pwned as owned seems a little obscure.(26 L5)

Anonymous said...

Lets clear the air with a true story in the spirit of GD's original post.
There is the University of Otago aquarium on a remote site on Otago peninsula. The local policeman received a complaint that there were a couple youths on bicycles throwing stones at the establishment. Summary justice called for and the policeman threw the bikes into the deep water and the youths were made to walk home. No need to name the policeman- he is still around as is regarded as a local legend for this and other deeds And Highly respected by the young and parents in the area

Anonymous said...

"Whilst I freely accept the basic tenet that to explain yourself means you are losing, it mattered not one iota as to the accuracy or otherwise of the anecdote, I employed it as the basis for the actual point of how our national psyche as expressed in terms of actions, consequences, and cuddling of evil doers while too often leaving what I call real victims to suffer their misfortune sans sympathy, reparation or even simple justice, is just so wrong and at odds with the message of all those comics I read where good always triumphed over evil."

That's one sentence. Learn how to use a full stop.

To sum up, you repeated a fake story, without acknowledging that you knew it was made up, to demonstrate how NZ cuddles criminals or some such. Wow. Thanks for clearing that up.

KG said...

FFS! Why do you guys tolerate anonymous turds stinking the place up? Anybody too thick or too cowardly to use their name or a recognizable nick in comments doesn't deserve a platform.

gravedodger said...

Meathead @ o938.
Wow not only a liar but poor written expression skills to boot.
KG Agreed but I can turn off the odour thingy on my laptop. Such a towering if unidentifiable intellect as that member of the A. family gets his jollies being a total pratt, then I guess pity is an appropriate response.

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

You can always tell the ones who only very recently received their NCEA certificates. They use expressions like 'wow.' urthermore, they fail to construct a decent sentence.

Let me help out your acne pocked little fuckwit who appears to have gained his education from commercial TV.

To sum up, without acknowledging that you knew it was made up, you repeated a fake story to demonstrate how NZ cuddles criminals or some such.

It's called readability, dear boy.

Oswald Bastable said...

The story itself may well be an urban legend, but it resonates with so many, as this sort of thing often happens in real life.

I know of a few actual examples of a dirtbag thinking they have a soft target, to find the hard way that they have inadvertently picked the worst person they could have found.

Anonymous said...

These urban legends are an indication of what we know we should do but soclialist legislation now prevents. How sad it is that we are reduced to mutterings about what we should, but don't, do.