If ever there was needed a reason for the ACT Party to reject this latest nonsense out of hand, here it is:-
Dr Brash has commissioned a nationwide poll to gauge the level of support for him as leader of Act versus Act under incumbent leader Rodney Hide.
He expects the results next week, after the Act board meeting.
How could anyone have any confidence in a self professed 'leader' who is too dim witted to commission a poll in time for the results to be of any use? Surely he might have organized his damned poll to give a result BEFORE the ACT board meeting?
And have all the people in ACT forgotten Dr Brash's appalling handling of the the Exclusive Brethren debacle? Have they forgotten it was a debacle created by his bungled handling of the media?
When Dr Brash was National Party leader, Adolf defended him like hell in public and cringed every day as Brash stuffed up his media image and his political delivery. He was a walking disaster.
Perhaps, dear friends in ACT you have forgotten what it is you are wishing for?
Here's a timely reminder.
Dr Dork walking the plank.
And here are a few more reminders of political reality.
- Do you idiots REALLY want to see the left go ape shit with joy as they reprise all the lies put forth by that ratbag Hagar?
- Do you REALLY want a party leader who is too dumb to keep his private e-mails private?
- Do you remember that appalling picture of an inept Brash trying to squeeze into a too small racing car for a photo op? Any one with any brains would have seen the trap and avoided it. But not Dopey Don.
- Do you really want the baggage of John Banks? Another yesterday's man who couldn't win the unloseable Auckland mayoral election?
- Why are you so keen to bring back all these well performed losers?
I have thought for sometime that he has had his day. He could have avoided all this nonsense and damage by arranging to quietly relinquish the leadership and have John Bascowan installed in good time for the upcoming election.
It is my guess many senior figures in the National Party will be watching the manner in which Dr Brash is carrying out his 'negotiations' with ACT and will be saying to themselves 'Thank you but no thanks. This is not the sort of fellow who can be part of today's team. He'd be almost be as bad as Winston."