Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Cook Just Shit Herself

One of these wandered through the house. About eighteen inches long and very fat.



Now, you'd think an Aussie sheila who was brought up in the bush giving cheek to Blackfellas would know that a little bobtailed goanna is pretty much harmless.

Well! I've never seen such a performance. Screaming and shouting - you'd think the damned thing was a tiger snake.

The poor little bugger was just looking for somewhere cool so I swept him/her into a bucket with a broom and let him go in the long grass down the back.

11 comments:

robertguyton said...

Ya didn't pick him up with ya bare hands?
Girl's blouse!

pdm said...

Boy you are going to be on `short rations' for a while Adolf.

Lucia Maria said...

LOL! My mother-in-law has the same reaction whenever a tiny, little lizard comes anywhere near her.

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

What do you mean, 'going to be'?

The Silent Majority said...

18 inches and fat?

I'd be screaming too!

FAIRFACTS MEDIA said...

He looks like a nice little cute fellow.

Anonymous said...

Long grass down back? Wore your thigh high boots and gaunlet gloves to go there I hope.

Anonymous said...

Are they good eating?

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

Anon, I expect so. You'll need to ask a Blackfella.

KG said...

They taste ok, if you can persuade the blackfella cook not to reduce 'em to a charred lump.
Not as good as the bigger goannas though.

Falafulu Fisi said...

I would BBQ that myself.