The authority told the complainant it is a fact of life that we live in a society that eats meat and seafood, and living creatures must be killed in order for this to happen.
For some reason I kind of like this statement.
As a society we need to face up to a few more facts of life.
1. We live in a country that is getting poorer by the day.
The value of our assets - houses, property,businesses and farms - are being driven downwards.
Revaluing will be a word you will hear more and more as the banks tighten up on lending and business confidence staggers.
2. We consume more than we can pay for.
3. Our big government model is too expensive to sustain without borrowing cash and/or crippling the productive people. But to our politician's great relief we will never vote in a government that will change this.
4. We have no real control over the value of our $ and interest rates.
5. We are lucky to be blessed with scenery that movie producers like. If Middle earth could have been found in China the LOR movies would have been made there along with all the 'Designed in .... made in China' stuff we buy at the malls every weekend.
6. Last century was about workers' rights. This century is about workers' survival. Unions need to wake up to this fact while they have some credibility left or otherwise consign themselves to the history books.
Goff on immigration
20 minutes ago