Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Terminally Ill or Terminally Stupid?

Unless I'm sadly mistaken, I thought I saw a recent column from this fellow in which he announced he had been diagnosed as terminally ill.

Yes, I know you're not supposed to speak ill of the soon to be dead and if I'm wrong then I will apologize but in the meantime, isn't this just a further manifestation of an arrogant attitude which treats politics as some kind or sport? An activity for the personal gratification of the participants?

7 comments:

Andrei said...

No he said he is sick - but he is fighting it and working under the assumption, I'd posit that he will beat it.

Best approach

baxter said...

I think it could be moving up to his brain.

Inventory2 said...

Au contraire Adolf; someone had to stand up the The Goffice, and its decision to parachute Kris Fa'afoi in to Mana against the wishes on the local LEC. McCarten has absolutely nothing to lose here, unlike Phil Goff.

Anonymous said...

Who cares?

He's gonna fuck over labour and that's all that matters.

Hekia Parata should be a shoe-in for the seat.

monkey boy said...

Mean spirited and unwarranted I think he's got balls.
http://monkeyswithtypewriter.blogspot.com/2010/10/mana.html

Anonymous said...

"I think it could be moving up to his brain."

Classy.

"Hekia Parata should be a shoe-in (sic) for the seat.

Thanks Sinner. That will prove as accurate as your prediction that Tony Abott would win in a landslide.

Judge Holden

Barnsley Bill said...

Actually, I hope Mccarten does well. he is one of the few honest politicians in this country. I Absolutely despise his politics but he is consistent and obviously believes that he is right and will not compromise.
An honest man who deserves respect.
Cheap digs at his illness are in in very poor taste and will attract very bad karma.