Saturday, September 11, 2010

READ THIS AND WEEP

HEADLINE - 'Legal Aid for P Addict Lawyer who Defrauded Legal Aid'. You can read it all at ....

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/legal-aid-p-addict-lawyer-who-defrauded-legal-aid-129837

and don't you just love the little bit at the end "Ironically, had Flewitt not been on legal aid at the (Lawyers and Conveyancers Disciplinary) Tribunal, he would have been liable to pay $1424 Law Society costs".

I'm sure this will generate a response from my very good friend 'The Realist'.

2 comments:

alex Masterley said...

If you read the decision, which can be found on the Justice Dept website, you will see that Mr Flewit was also struck off the roll of barristers and solicitors.
The decision also shows the devastationg effects of mephamphetamine addiction.

The Realist said...

Just shows the devastating effects of modern practice! However I have to tell you I was in the Waikato Law School library the othere day and someone stole my sunglasses. Ye Gods! I can't wait for the bastard to get his or her clutches on a trust account!