Sunday, June 20, 2010
This story in stuff
Carter withdraws apology, claims he only did it for the Labour party.
Just when you think Chris Carter might have figured out that shutting his mouth might be a good idea for a week or two.
This story raises a few points.
1. Is Clark still running things from her $500,000 (US) a year job in New York?
2. Is Carter so detached from reality that he needs to call Clark for a moral compass reading?
3. Is Carter so completely over the edge that he cannot see speaking to Jonathan Marshall about anything is perhaps unwise?
4. Have the ambulances been sent to Phil Goffs mansion in middle class clevedon yet to make sure they have a defbrilator charged and ready to go when he reads the story?
5. Is Phil Twyford getting his hopes up again?
6. Can Labour actually fund a byelection?
7. Has he withdrawn the apology after taking advice from Clark?
So what we have is a man who has shown a complete inability to apologise, has no idea that he did anything wrong, made a fool of his leader and is still running to the last leader every time he needs advice.
Chris Carter is the gift that keeps on giving for anybody who still looks back in horror at the last government and I for one hope he does not resign.
Sadly for some of us it has now become impossible for Goff to do nothing, he simply has to force him out of caucus. If Goff survives reading the story he needs to call a meeting with senior caucus colleagues and demand their support to force Carter out.