So the Crafar farms and a milk powder plant are likely to go to the Chinese.
What does this tell me.
1. We are failing as a people when we have lost the ability to even control our own means of production.
2. We have poured our money instead into speculative investments run by people with big hats and no cattle, because we thought we could get a lazy profit.
3. Have we lost the ability to work with our brains as well as our hands.
4. Our mineral wealth will probably be stripped out by overseas interests as well because we will be too stupid to even set up and invest in our own mining companies.
5. All the while we argue about who pays for our welfare state and who will spot us the next $250m.
6. I wonder where this will all end up?
One day "To go surfing" may take on a different meaning here.
October 28 in history
1 hour ago