Sunday, November 22, 2009

+44 (0) 1603 592090

This global warming nonsense is going to provide months of fun for some of us.
The piece below is copied/ ihimaera'd directly from a comment left at the most excelent Bishop Hill blog. It describes the timeline for a FOI which is much the same as our feeble system for making govt departments release info. At the bottom is the email sent by Phil Jones who it turns out is one of the key climate liars in the UK. You will note he is asking Michael Mann (remember him, the hockey stick liar?) to delete emails directly related to the FOI.

Oh, the phone number? It is Phil Jones direct line. Be sure to call him and thank him when our government saddles us with a massive new government department and tax regime cooked up because some nerds in east anglia have conspired to con the world.
No word yet from Bomber over at Tumeke, our thoughts are with him. Bwahahahahaha.


David Holland has also made FOI inquiries to Keith Briffa, a lead author of AR4 chapter 6. Here's a progress report documenting:
May 5 - FOI request


May 6 - CRU Acknowledgement

June 3 - CRU Refusal Notice

June 4 - Holland Appeal

June 20 - CRU Rejection of Appeal


May 5 Holland FOI Request to CRU


Dear Mr Palmer,
Request for Information concerning the IPCC, 2007 WGI Chapter 6 Assessment Process

Drs Keith Briffa and Timothy Osborn of your Climatic Research Unit served as lead authors on the IPCC Fourth Assessment, which by international agreement was required to be undertaken on an comprehensive, objective, open and transparent basis.1 On 31 March 2008, I asked Dr Briffa for important specific information, not so far released, on his work as a lead author to which I have had no reply or acknowledgement, but have, through other FoI enquiries, been given a copy of his email dated 1 April 2008, to several other IPCC participants including Dr Philip Jones, and to which my letter was attached. He told his colleagues his response to me would be brief when he got round to it. Also included in the documents released to me is an email dated 14 March 2008 to Dr Briffa, among others, from Susan Solomon, Co-Chair of WGI, advising the addressees not to disclose information beyond that (which I consider inadequate) already in the public domain.

Accordingly, I hereby request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and/or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004:

Phil Jones, three weeks after David Holland's FOI request:

From: Phil Jones
To: “Michael E. Mann”
Subject: IPCC & FOI
Date: Thu May 29 11:04:11 2008

Mike,

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?
Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.
Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t
have his new email address.
We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.
I see that CA claim they discovered the 1945 problem in the Nature paper!!
Cheers
Phil

Prof. Phil Jones
Climatic Research Unit Telephone +44 (0) 1603 592090
School of Environmental Sciences Fax +44 (0) 1603 507784
University of East Anglia
Norwich Email p.jones@uea.ac.uk
NR4 7TJ

7 comments:

Inventory2 said...

The Climate Change rort is unravelling by the minute, and it's not a minute too soon in this blogger's humble opinion.

OECD rank 22 kiwi said...

What fun to see AGW exposed as the Great Global Warming Swindle it is.

FAIRFACTS MEDIA said...

As I have blogged over at my place, shouldn't Rodney Hide call for an end to the ETS while further consideration is given to climate change, citing the doubt on its credibility which has arisen through the emails.

Anonymous said...

Fairy, why do you continue to try and steer people to your blog with every comment. This lot sacked you. Get some dignity already.

Judge Holden

FAIRFACTS MEDIA said...

I still need to sort out the issue of Blogger no longer updating my presence on various rankings.
It appears that I haven't posted for a week on some blogrolls despite posting 6-7 times a day.
Someone has caused some great problems for me.
Not everyone might realise I update my blog often, so this is as a service to my regulars that pop into my old site.
I apologise if it looks like link whoring.
In the longer term , I might have to revisit hosting, a new site and stuff.

Psycho Milt said...

Fairfacts: check your Gmail account - I sent you a message re your broken site feed today.

Barnsley Bill said...

PM, best send the message to me, along with many other thankless tasks I try to manage the backend of his blog for him. Our technology journo mate is not very technical!