- This debate is a long time overdue
- Taxpayers are entitled to know where their money is going.
- A government that takes over the responsibility of people's welfare and personal problems are probably in it for their own ends.
- No matter how well intentioned, human nature will always ensure that welfare is rorted and abused.
- While welfare started as a noble deed to provide a means to the truly needy, it has grown to be the Achilles heel of the western world.
- It has distorted our society and diminished personal responsibility.
- The system is unsustainable and will inevitably lead to the demise of the standard of living that we proudly built over the past century.
- You can only afford to pay people to do nothing for so long.
- No politician will ever have the courage to confront the real problem.
- So basically we are ******.
September 3 in history
4 hours ago