Sunday, June 28, 2009

Michael Jackson Tribute

This is going on a bit I realise that. But MJ was a superstar and in my view a true musical and theatrical genius. He was what I would have loved to have been but could, and can, never be: a singer/dancer/songwriter who, in my view, was unmatched. Some of his videos are out of this world in terms of the choreography and dancing.

The top 5 musical artists of my generation that I believe had the most impact are (in no particular order): Jackson, Freddie Mercury, Bono, Sid Vicious, Mick Jagger.

So, after all that, here he is again singing You Are Not Alone live in Korea. If you're real lucky you might even get Sid Vicious singing "Friggin in the Riggin" if I can find it.

9 comments:

Barnsley Bill said...

Songwriter! Hmmm. An anonynmous nerd from Cleethorpes wrote his best songs.

Barnsley Bill said...

Rod temperton from Cleethorpes to be precise.
http://www.boatangdemetriou.com/2009/06/rod-temperton-forgotten-michael-jackson.html

Gooner said...

Ok, delete coming up.

CB said...

Good on you Gooner.

You must be late 30's - 40's?
Those of us that were teens in the 80's experienced the best of MJ. He was part of what is still the best decade of music eva.

It is sad how he turned out later on in life but now he is passed, lets just remember his music and dance for a while.

CB said...

Gooner,
Uncross that songwriter entry!

He did not write Thriller but he wrote or co-wrote most of his songs including Billie Jean and Beat it.

Scroll down the end of here to see the writer credits:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIStory:_Past,_Present_and_Future,_Book_I

Gooner said...

Yeah, I'm 40.

Undelete coming up!

Lindsay said...

"Those of us that were teens in the 80's experienced the best of MJ. He was part of what is still the best decade of music eva."

Those of us who were the same age as Michael experienced the best of him in the 60s and 70s. Raw and pure.

But I sure as hell am not going to argue over it:-)

Thanks Gooner.

Lucy said...

Michael reminds me of Elvis. Unique brand of music and way out ahead of the pack. Both how ever were victims of their own success.

Young Elvis of the rock and role fame was talented, raw and unique. Old(er) Elvis was fat and a bit sad.

Young Michael of the pop sound, was inventive, energetic and unique. Old(er) Michael was weird and sad.

I choose to remember Young Elvis and Young Michael.

PS I'm a little older than Michael and a lot younger than Elvis but my Mum was a great fan and so I grew up with him.

FAIRFACTS MEDIA said...

The UK media has gone big over Jacko too.
Gordon Brown was most relieved as it took the pressure off him.
One of the Saturday papers also had fun speculating about how jacko died, assuming it was all a con just like Elvis :)