Friday, November 28, 2008

Tagged

A few days ago I was tagged by M&M.
So here are the seven useless facts about me.

1- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a tv weatherman when I grew up.
2- By the time I went to sixth form, I wanted to become an accountant, but got involved with the student newspaper at university and settled on journalism.
3- I have a 'thing' about maps, often finding them fascinating. I have a thing about roads too and I often used to take old maps and draw new roads on them. Sometimes my doodles consist of imaginary maps. If I could not be Prime Minister, I would happily be Transport minister and would happily motorways criss-crossing our land. Wellington-Whangarei motorway, anyone?
4- Sorry Adolf, but while you have a lovely Holden, I'm more of a Falcon man, having two when I lived in Australia a couple of years back. Now, I drive a Mitsubishi Carisma which has none.
5- When I was a kid, I used to just about worship cats, always kissing and cuddling them. Now I'm allergic to them.
6- I haven't always been a right-wing bastard. Growing up in a Yorkshire mining village, I recalled thinking Tories were 'snobs' when I was very young, until discovering my self-employed parents were Conservatives. And I really didn't become a Thatcherite until a few weeks off school with chicken pox gave me a chance to what all the main party conferences and being enthralled by the "U-Turn if you want to, the Lady's Not for Turning!" speech.
7- And finally, talking of Margaret Thatcher, I too was born above a grocer's shop. But I'm not sure if my parents had a VG or a Spar.

Now, as this tag has done the rounds, I won't tag any others, but our commenters are free to add any revealing useless facts about themselves.

7 comments:

Madeleine said...

I didn't realise Transport Ministers did much building motorways these days, if its not taniwha its the greens. Your map thing is very cool though I do something similar with creating horse riding courses.

But anyway what about the rules? ... the lengths I have to go to to get No Minister to link to us ;-)

Barnsley Bill said...

My 7 is far superior to your 7

Anonymous said...

Gee that was subtle M.

Barnsley Bill said...

Madeliene, you have to link to Barnsley Bill first, we then waut a week and see if it is a comfortable fit. If you do not get black balled by anybody on the committee we then post a notice to our readers asking for comments.

Clunking Fist said...

1. I pick my nose.
2. I eat the boogies.
3. i lack Charisma.
4. I lack an understanding of economics, too
5. I am the Member of Parliament for Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath, which is in Scotland.
6. Yet somehow I find myself Prime Minister of England.
7. I am a miserable turd.
8. As 7 is similar to 3, I'll have another go. No world leaders seek me out: that lovely Mr Key only popped in to say hello cos he was here to meet the queen and he felt sorry for me.

Clunking Fist said...

lest folk not understand about 6;
The scots have their own "government", as does Northern Ireland and Wales. But not Engerland.

Madeleine said...

Phase 1 of my application is complete.