Tuesday, October 7, 2008

“As Demanded by Helen Clark, 4 Cromwell Street, Mt Eden, Auckland”



Dave over at Big News breaks the big story about Bob McCroskery of Family First.

Because the EFA demands Bob puts his full address on campaign material, he is at risk from nutjobs who disagree with what he says.

Bob McCroskery received a 1000 knives in his lawn and a threatening latter from four women dressed in black.

I can only hope such intimidation does not deter family first. I believe the EFA opening political campaigners to such intimidation is aimed to deter involvement in politics, especially those on the right.

It's a generalisation , I admit, but decent right-thinking people don't do things like this, while left-wing troublemakers do. By forcing people to put their address on material, Liarbour and its lapdogs aimed to silence those who oppose it.

It all reminds me of the British drama GBH which featured a left-wing council leader, who was similar to 'Militant' Derek Hatton of Liverpool City Council, whose violent followers would say to their opponents "We Know where you live."

Now, I'm not suggesting that anyone should retaliate against Dear Leader over this, except at the ballot box, but the address regulation was, as the Libertarians say, “As Demanded by Helen Clark, 4 Cromwell Street, Mt Eden, Auckland.”

Though, of course, it's easy for her, when she has the benefit of police protection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks photoshoped -- the grass on the knife side is far greener than just across the footpath.
Anyway, I hope it is.

Blair said...

Trying really reeeealy hard to feel sorry for Bob...

Nope, sorry, can't do it.

Allow me the right to watch what I like and engage in the sexual practices of my choice with other consenting adults, Bob, and then maybe I might find it in my heart to get pissy about a few knives in your lawn.