Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This Says It All

Readers might have watched the media and leftoshere attack the family of Governor Palin over the last three days. Here is an e-mail received by Hugh Hewit. Nothing else needs to be said. The barrenness of the left is laid bare for all to see. Cynicism, cruelty, hypocrisy.

"Hugh –

There couldn’t be a clearer difference between conservatives and liberals than this one…

Obama…

“If my daughter makes a mistake, I don’t want her punished with a baby”

Palin…

“As [our daughter] faces the responsibilities of adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional love and support.”

(also… "Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family.”)

When I, myself, became pregnant in college, my soon-to-be mother in law (a hard-core liberal Democrat who had openly encouraged me to have un-married sex with her son) expressed her “disappointment” in both of us – and immediately pushed for an abortion. My own mother (a sex-before-marriage-is-sin Catholic) immediately comforted me, affirmed her love for me and said, “There’s always room in our family for another baby.” My husband and I have been JOYFULLY married 21 years and have 4 amazing kids…. What an beautiful gift of love my mother gave me that day!

Babies...Punishment vs. Love. I think I’ll take love.

Warm Regards,"

10 comments:

Ackers said...

Garbage Adolf. McCain has shot himself in the foot and I think you are only just starting to realise how badly.

Obama's response as always has been measured and compassionate.

"I have heard some of the news on this and so let me be as clear as possible. I have said before and I will repeat again, I think people's families are off limits, and people's children are especially off limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin's performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18. And how family deals with issues and teenage children that shouldn't be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that is off limits."

Imagine what the Republicans would be saying if Obama had a teenage daughter who was pregnant. The resentment people feel about something like this comes directly from the conservative right's "family values" lectures and enduring wish to judge and control the personal lives and decisions of others.

Anonymous said...

yeah well, the US polls are quite clear: McCain/Palin have a growing lead over Obama/Biden.

sorry to confuse you with facts - but Americans have a geographic, not a rorted electoral college.

that means that they are pro-gun, pro-life, pro-children, and pro-freedom. Very much like Palin, and very much unlike urban-guerilla-associate Obama.

Ackers said...

Which polls are you reading annonymous?

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/08-us-pres-ge-mvo.php

I haven't seen any that have McCain ahead, plenty that have him competitive, none that have him ahead in the electoral college.

KG said...

McCain/Palin at 47%, compared to 45% support for Obama/Biden
Zogby poll

Ackers said...

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/zogby-national-polls.html

How odd KG. The latest Zogby has Obama leading.

But if you want to base your faith in 1 outdated poll that's fine.

It doesn't change the equation that Obama is ahead in virtually every poll and McCain's choice of Palin is rapidly turning into mush.

The ex-expat said...

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. Here's what obama said

"people’s families are off limits, and people’s children are especially off limits. This shouldn’t be part of our politics, it has no relevance to governor Palin’s performance as a governor or her potential performance as a vice president. And so I would strongly urge people to back off these kinds of stories. You know my mother had me when she was 18. And how family deals with issues and teenage children that shouldn’t be the topic of our politics and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that is off limits.

Lucyna Maria said...

Lefties just don't get it.

Jim Kiwi said...

I reckon this is a great post, Adolf. Absolutely spot on. And I am sure Palin's views resonate with the majority of Americans.

According to
the Rasmussen daily tracking poll

the race is a dead heat with only about 3% difference. The Gallup poll has a higher percentage but still, it's very much open.

Skyman said...

Here's a great read on this story.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1837862,00.html

Skyman said...

Well, drat. That didn't turn out as intended. Let's try again.


Time Magazine Article