Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Am I that unusual?

Stuff reports that Aussies are finally getting round to discovering oral sex. Well, who could resist jabbing that Aussies have always been a bit slow?

But seriously, WTF?

The dramatic shift has occurred in one generation, with people aged over 50 having had oral sex for the first time an average of eight years after first having standard sex.

"Now it's a one year gap and in many groups the oral intercourse comes first, some times by a few years," Prof Donovan said.

I'm only a few years off 50 myself, and for me and my friends, it was assumed that mouths and genitals were going to get together when you had sex - or instead of it, given that some girls wouldn't put out. That was back in the late 70s. I can't believe we were all that unusual - maybe that generational changed happened a lot faster than Donovan thinks.

2 comments:

mawm said...

Me thinks that there is something wrong with the study. I'm well into my 50's and even in the dark ages the two went together

Clunking Fist said...

No: sex is definately a post-war invention.