Friday, February 29, 2008

The Clean Out Starts

In an excellent call, National Party spokesman Gerry Brownlee has fired the first shot into our politicised public service. Quite an unprecedented but necessary move, I think.



The next shot might well be a warning to 'communications managers' that their tenure will be limited.

Then, Adolf recommends that every six months all public servants should be required to sign a declaration that they will work to implement the policies of the government of the day and that failure to do so and/or evidence of obstruction will result in dismissal.

5 comments:

Poneke said...

Adolf, before you get too excited, public servants are required by law "to implement the policies of the government of the day," and have always done so and always will. You need not worry yourself.

:-)

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

poneke, thank you for this advice. How do you think Ms Curran would have gone implementing the policies of a National coalition? What's missing is the threat of dismissa, upon being found out playing silly buggers.

Psycho Milt said...

Brownlee seems so confused he imagines he's already in govt. Surely someone with this poor a grip on reality shouldn't be in charge of anything important?

Adolf Fiinkensein said...

I'd suggest the Hawkes Bay DHB debacle also is part of the first round of The Great Clean Out of Labour's lackeys. There will be many more.

FAIRFACTS MEDIA said...

Adolf, speaking as a journalist, I do not want limited tenure for comms managers, should i become one.
There again, I doubt I would want to stick around if I was working for a government I did not believe in.
Here, I see interesting opportunities for right-of-centre journos should National win as expected.
However, I know of a couple of journo comms staff who I am sure could work as effectively for a National Government as well as they did in Liarbour.