Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Cream & strawberry delight

No politics to mark the return to blogging, just a nice summer tale.

Midsummer, the favourite Swedish holiday where the sun doesn't set, the songs never end and the shots keep coming. And it usually pours with rain. This year was not much different, specially the rain. But we did get a little Swedish treat.

We celebrated midsummer again by the big lake Vänern with some friends. It was raining a lot so we stayed inside mostly. From the living room of their summer house I could see down the shore a hundred meters or so, over the shoulder of the guy I was talking to. Not far away is a pier for people to swim off. So people come and go quite often along it. I saw over his shoulder three girls walk out onto the pier and put down a large umbrella, it had stopped raining for a while. They milled around doing not much, so I continued talking to the friend. Then one of the girls whips off her t-shirt... going for a swim I guess. Then she whips off her bra and sits down. Clearly a well endowed and stereotypical Swedish lass. Uh huh, nice. Then one of the other girls sprays something on the half-naked girl's chest, which as far as I can tell was whipped cream. Tasty. This was followed with what I assume were strawberries placed in obvious locations. Okie dokie, keeping the midsummer theme then. Finally one of the other two girls started taking photos. At this point I roused my friend and asked his opinion of what was going on.

He was a bit miffed that he had missed most of the show. But he needn't have feared, since once the girl had finished her imitation of a pavlova and wiped off the cream & strawberry surprise, the second girl proceeded to repeat the performance. By now we had called in a committee to judge the antics. As the still quite foreign individual I innocently asked if this was typical behaviour for hot young Swedish ladies. A bit sarcastic really because Swedish girls usually get rather pissed about the "drop your clothes at the drop of a hat and roll in the grass" stereotype (no one would actually roll in the grass after dropping their undies, unless you want a dozen ticks clamped to your nethers). Now I know that it is actually true. And there was me not bothering with taking the camera this year because it was raining too much.

7 comments:

Psycho Milt said...

The Jerries will also get their kit off at the drop of a hat - I loved summer there. Didn't spot any coating themselves in whipped cream and strawberries though - must be some local Swedish variation.

In sad contrast, here in NZ you can be classed as a "streaker" while still wearing a bikini. The shame of it!

Zippy Gonzales said...

Welcome Back, Cobbers.

Dave said...

Yeah welcome back

DenMT said...

Well, you tragically missed me on my Midsummer trip to Göteborg the last few weeks - just back in NZ four days ago. Vad synd... And after scheming to hook up for a beer and all.

Midsommar was rainy as in Billdal, hardly outside at all. Plenty of snaps and kai to make up for it though.

DenMT

Chefen said...

Hej Den. Missed you and the beer! I think SH went down just as you were preparing to come here? Wasn't much fun anyhow since I was busy selling the house. Ah well, I'm sure you'll be back. Course I'll be an east coaster by then, but maybe can still arrange something.

Were you here for the freaking hot weather?

DenMT said...

Patches of warmth! But so much rain it wasn't funny. My girlfriend is still over there, just finished a sailing trip up to Marstrand and Käringön, and has been complaining about the rain still.

Will be moving in ten months, så vi kanske ta oss en öl lite senare då...

DenMT

Chefen said...

Yeah it's fair bucketing down this week... except in Stockholm. Lucky I'm becoming a jävla-noll-åtta! Looking at a house on the coast, nice but bloody hell anywhere around Stockholm costs a bomb. A bit like Marstrand...

10 months you say? I'll try and keep it in mind. Will be back to Göteborg quite often I think anyway. Drop me an email (chefen.sh@gmail.com).